We visit a lot of trade shows and events. Of course, our booth isn’t complete without our iPads looping some great video! Believe it or not, looping a video automatically on an iPad isn’t as easy as it should be.
We figured this information might be useful to know, here’s how to loop videos on an iPad. (Based on current IOS as of August 2017.)
Mthod 1: Using Loopideo
There are a few apps on the app store specifically designed for this, Loopideo is a good choice.
This app is pretty straight forward; just load a video or a few videos into the Loopideo playlist and run the loop! This is probably the easiest workaround we found.
Method 2: Using iPhoto
If you have iPhoto on your computer, then you can use this method.
- Using iPhoto, create an Album for your video or videos (Only include the videos you want to loop in this album and nothing else!)
- Sync your iPad with your iPhoto (Make sure you select “include videos” when syncing).
- On your iPad, go to SETTINGS > PHOTOS > REPEAT SLIDESHOWS = “ON”
- Launch the photo app on your iPad and navigate to the album you just created.
- Hit the “Slideshow” button and watch your video magically loop!
NOTE: this method will be different with new IOS revisions, and may be a pain for those who don’t have access to a computer immediately.
Looping videos on iPads should be easier. Apple should know that businesses utilize iPads at tradeshows all the time.
Having a simple “loop” option in the video player could fix these workarounds. Until then, we hope this tutorial was useful to you!